If you are looking for vertigo treatment in Blue Bell, the information below will help you make a better decision as to whether our services can help you.
What is Vertigo Treatment?
Vertigo Treatment, also called Vestibular Rehabilitation or Vestibular Therapy, can correct symptoms of dizziness or imbalance. Your balance is affected by three main factors – your vision, the position sense of your joints, and fluid in your inner ear. Here are a few conditions that can cause you to feel dizzy or imbalanced:
The most common cause of vertigo is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, or BPPV. This occurs when the crystals in your inner ear are displaced. It often occurs with changes of position, such as rolling over or sitting up in bed. People describe their symptoms as a “spinning” sensation. BPPV responds very well to vestibular rehabilitation treatments.
Source: Medical News Today
As we age, some people might notice a decline in their balance. Decreased joint flexibility, leg weakness, or changes in posture can all negatively affect your balance. Physical therapy and/or vestibular rehabilitation can help to address these issues. Your strength, range of motion and balance can be assessed, and a treatment plan can be developed to improve your overall mobility. Balance improves with practice, so you will likely receive a home exercise program as a part of your treatment plan to help maximize your results.
Other Medical Issues
There are other medical causes for dizziness or imbalance. For example, dizziness or decreased balance can be due to low blood sugar or low blood pressure. Medical conditions like Meniere’s Disease or Vestibular Neuritis can also cause these symptoms. You should see your doctor to help determine the source of your problem. This way, you can rule out anything more serious and make sure that you are getting the right treatment.
What to Do First – See One of Our Vertigo Treatment Experts in Blue Bell
If you are experiencing vertigo or dizziness and you are a candidate for vestibular rehabilitation, call us to schedule an initial visit. The advantages of seeing one of our physical therapy experts are as follows:
- No waiting – In most cases, you can see us right away.
- No side effects – In most cases, the treatment we provide has little to no side effects and can make you feel much better.
- It’s more affordable – Treatment costs less than medical tests or procedures, and many insurance plans cover treatment.
- Faster relief – Most vertigo symptoms improve in one or two treatments.
How Our Vertigo Specialists will Care for You
Each patient is different so here’s how our specialists will approach your treatment:
- An in-depth initial evaluation where we ask you about your medical history, symptoms and current condition.
- A detailed physical exam looking at movements that increase or decrease symptoms, as well as strength and flexibility.
- A personalized plan of care to meet your goals.
- Patient education – details of what we’ve found during the exam and how we will help you address these limitations.
- Manual Therapy – hands-on techniques for symptom relief.
- Neuromuscular Reeducation to address restrictions, weakness, and range of motion
- A Home Program – we teach you what you can do to optimize healing at home as well.
Start with Natural, Hands-on Care, from Our Caring Team of Professionals. Physical therapist directed care is an effective treatment approach for vertigo and balance disorders. For more information, visit our contact page. We look forward to helping you.